PA

is it possible for large amts of vitamin e to have an adverse effect on blood pressure medicine. i am taking 2000iu daily because of an acute deficien?

Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
Ophthalmology 26 years experience
Fat soluble vitamins: like Vitamin E, and even fish oils (not a vitamin) can affect blood coagulation more than blood pressure per se. Discuss this with your PCP (Doctor) to see what might be affecting your blood pressure. Other supplements can be involved. Usually 400-800iu is sufficient of the d-tocopherol vs. mixed tocopherols. Also being overweight, or very underweight affects absorption of fat-soluble vitamins.