United Kingdom

i'm an 18 year old male and have noticed a white flash that appears in the corner of my eyes when i move my eyes left or right in the dark.

Dr. Nazhat Sharma
Ophthalmology 58 years experience
flashes are common : Flashes floaters are a common occurrence without serious cause. The Viteous gel inside the eye has looser attachments to the retina which sometimes gets detached usually after surgery or trauma to the eye and in nearsighted eyes. The gel has particles which catch the light and reflect back as a flash. Sudden occurrence should be checked by an Ophthalmologist. . Unlikely a problem for you

Last updated Nov 18, 2018