getting remicade (infliximab) infusions; what were your side effects?

2 doctor answers
Dr. John Goldman
54 years experience Rheumatology
Various: Remicade (infliximab) is an anti-tumor necrosis factor monoclonal antibody. It can interfer with the activity of rheumatoid arthritis and crohn's and help patients. It does suppress the immune protection of the body and there are a long list of side effects: the most common is infusion reactions and increased risk of infections. We monitor you for these and others.
Answered on Jun 30, 2014
1
Dr. Ronald Krauser
51 years experience Rheumatology
As Dr Goldman stated: Were the side effects not explained to you in detail before starting this med? If so, that is a serious omission by the doctor.
Answered on Jun 17, 2016
1