recovered from first time peri-anal abscess after third remicade (infliximab) infusion for uc. seems like a side effect of remicade (infliximab). should i stop remicade (infliximab)?

Dr. Thomas Namey
Rheumatology 48 years experience
No!: Consider adding ciprofloxin/metronidazole to your regimen. But, if this does not work, ask for humira (adalimumab). It is gone in two weeks vs two months, as for remicade!
Dr. Addagada Rao
General Surgery 56 years experience
Active infection Yes: Speak to your doctor, inflixmab ( Remicade (infliximab) ) is a monoclonal antibody , decreases your ability to fight infection , in presence of infection use of drug is a contraindication . Your doctor will not administer the medication.