had 3rd remicade (infliximab) infusion last friday for left-sided uc. colon is still bleeding. when would i know if remicade (infliximab) is working or not?

Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Rheumatology 33 years experience
See below.: You have essentially received the loading doses of remicade (infliximab). It may take 2 to 3 more infusions to truly settle down the uc and then hopefully bleeding will be decreased and hopefully stopped. Dosage may need to be altered to obtain better results and that will be based on your response and tolerability to the medication.