every monthly visit, my dr. seems to imply that i need god in my life, or religion in general tho i've nvr shared my beliefs. it feels wrong, is it?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Lynne Weixel
36 years experience Clinical Psychology
I'd not like it: You certainly have cause to change to another Dr. This would be true for whatever makes you feel "wrong". I'm not thinking that you need to report it to anyone, but if you feel strongly that you want to - the State credentialing offices for that profession would have a way to lodge a complaint. IMHO, Religious Freedom includes not being pressured by others. Seek a new provider. Best wishes.
Answered on Feb 23, 2015
1
Dr. Dustin Colegrove
Not his or her: Place to make that suggestion. Switch doctors. It's ok to ask if someone is spiritual or not in determining how to offer support to them in people with serious or chronic illnesses like cancer, but offering or recommending a certain religious practice is uncalled for.
Answered on Feb 23, 2015
1
Dr. Mark Fisher
34 years experience Neurology
Please repost: Doctors & patients who explicitly have the same beliefs are free to discuss them, but proselytizing by a doctor IS inappropriate. Please repost & clarify why you are seeing this doctor every month. Is this a temporary arrangement e.g. pregnancy or is it for some other reason?
Answered on May 12, 2019