Lexington, KY

30 wks pregnat. my iron is really low , can this any way effect me or my baby in birth and if theres anything i can do to rise my levels, what is it ?

Dr. Heather Pearson Chauhan
Take iron supplement: Please talk to your doctor, but you still have a couple of months to increase your iron before delivery. Eat iron containing foods, take a supplement daily, and stay well hydrated. Your low iron could be tough on you after delivery because during childbirth everyone loses blood and the lower the level you start with, the tougher it is to feel energetic after the baby gets here.

Last updated Sep 18, 2014