I checked my blood pressure and it was 168/117 i have a head ach and my hands and arms are swollen should i be worried ?

5 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Olav Jaren answered

Specializes in Neurology

Your blood pressure is elevated, but this by itself is not an emergency. It is likely to be a cause of your headache. It may or may not be associated with the arm and hand symptoms. Having a BP this high suggests you should have some treatment. Do you use any medicines? Today is a good time to see your doctor. If they cannot see you, they may refer you to urgent care. Good luck!

Answered May 21, 2016

3.8k views