U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
United Kingdom
A 19-year-old female asked:

I had a verruca when i was 14 on the ball of my foot. the skin is now hardened where it was how to get rid of it?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Dustin Colegrove
Internal Medicine 13 years experience
Pumice: stone can exfoliate area and may unroof the skin. You can apply a topical wart remover to the wart when uncovered.
Dr. Deborah Josefson
Internal Medicine 29 years experience
CALLUS: It sounds like you have developed a callus, which is a normal response in this area. If it bothers you alot, you can soften it with foot soaks and pumice or have a podiatrist/dermatologist remove it.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Similar questions

A 39-year-old member asked:

How do I get rid of a corn located on the ball of my foot?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Addagada Rao
General Surgery 57 years experience
By removing: Use the medication locally if fails removing.
Last updated Sep 29, 2016
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.