India

i have light periods means bleeding only for 2 days but every month?

Dr. Cynthia Palabrica
Light menses: This could be normal for you.

Missed period for 2 weeks, when do I test?

Dr. Quang Nguyen
Specializes in Endocrinology
Now: If you are pregnant, it will show up on a test by now. Good luck.

What could cause the left side of my jaw to lock up after catching a cold a few days ago?

Dr. Thomas Benda, jr
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 34 years experience
TMJ disorder: A locked jaw is usually due to a temporomandibular joint that is injured or displaced. This could happen when you are ill from clenching too much, or a wide yawn if you already have aproblem with the joint. Go see an ent. If severe a few days of a steroid will help, then you may need an occlusion splint made by a dentist.

I am 11 weeks into a daily exercise program, and starting to skip days. Any ideas on how to stay motivated?

Dr. Brian Kaufman
Remember...: Remember why you started in the first place and how much better you felt while doing it. Also, schedule it as an appointment. Even if you don't want to do it, do 10 minutes. You can always find 10 minutes. Right?

Im so moody I don't no why my period was short last month like 4 days and it came this month for 7 days i'm so moody what could be wrong?

Dr. Andrew Blazar
Not your periods: Both menses sound normal being moody is likely related to other circumstances (husband, kids, job, money ?).
San Antonio, TX

Is it safe to take 5 metformin pills & 5 onglyza (saxagliptin) pills on 1 day and take a break for 5 days while fasting?

Dr. Richard Scofield
Diabetology 33 years experience
Absolutely not!: There is no rationale for taking metformin or Onglyza (saxagliptin) in that fashion and taking such large amounts all at once may lead to toxic side-effects.
Dr. William Harris
The equivalent 5-day Onglyza treatment would be once-weekly Bydureon injections. You get all of the benefits of a daily pill in a weekly shot. There is no equivalent, weekly (more convenient) dosing form of metformin yet -- we're still stuck with the once-daily metformin so far...
Sep 8, 2013

Last updated Jan 8, 2015