Got plica fimbriata on one side of tongue. used salt water and inflammation/pain decreased, but the pointy part of flap now blackish. is that bad?

Dr. Gehrig Harris
Plica fimbriata: I'm familiar with plica fimbriata Christopher but it is usually painless. On the occasions that it is painful it is treated conservatively with tylenol, (acetaminophen) motrin or just what you did with the salt water. If it does become chronically painful or bothersome then it can be treated surgically. I don't know what yours looks like exactly but it sounds like something your doctor should see. Good luck.

Last updated Mar 3, 2021