Phoenix, AZ

i am 3 days late bad cramping no period cervix is high and soft with mucus. 2 negative pregnancy test. but i am never late idk what's going on?

Pathology 49 years experience
Retest in 4-5 days: Conception, as defined by the generation of a fertilized ovum, occurs within day or so of the sex. However, it takes about two weeks for the embryo to make enough HCG to produce a positive pregnancy test. Use first morning urine and follow instructions for the test carefully. If the test is negative at 7-10 days after a missed period, you are not likely to be pregnant.
Pathology 49 years experience
Provided original answer
Menstrual irregularities are not uncommon and anovulatory cycle is a common cause. If you miss more than two periods it would be time to see your doctor. Consult this site for more information on this topic. http://www.nichd.nih.gov/health/topics/menstruation/conditioninfo/Pages/causes.aspx
Aug 16, 2014