Beaumont, TX

I have the iud..and i've been off my period for 4 days and i'm having a dark brown with a little pink discharge...no smell at all what can i do?

Dr. Mary David
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
It depends: It depends on which type of IUD you have and how long you have had it. Paragards can cause this more often than Mirena (levonorgestrel) or Skyla and it is common shortly after insertion of the Mirena (levonorgestrel) or Skyla while the progesterone receptors are being primed. That gets better over time.Because infection can also cause this, you should check with your doctor.

Last updated Aug 15, 2014