i have bites in a straight line near my ankle where my sock is, what type of insect could this be? i live in a forested area on the coast.

Dr. Lee Wittenberg
20 years experience Podiatry
Bites on ankles: If you have multiple bites, you could be suffering from flea bites (do you have pets?), ant bites, or mosquito bites. If there are single lesions, you may have been bitten by a spider, but this is less likely than the above-mentioned insects. Alternatively, they may not be bites, at all. You may be suffering from dermatitis, a skin reaction to something you came into contact with (ie:Poison Ivy
Answered on Aug 15, 2014