Beach Park, IL

I can't sleep and when i'm tired i close my eyes and almost an hour later i'm still awake, is there any ways that can help me fall asleep faster?

Dr. Lonnie Smith
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 40 years experience
Try calm: Make sure room is dark quiet and comfortable. No TV, Books or other distractions in bedroom. If you are not sleep after 15 mins or so get out of bed and go in another room watch TV or read until tired then return to bed room. do not stare at a clock while in bed, no texting or computers in the bed. If still having problems talk to your MD about other remedies you can try.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Dustin Colegrove
Yes: Learning relaxation techniques would be helpful for you. A simple Google search for relaxation techniques would be helpful and provide more information. Practicing relaxation techniques will help your body relax and get ready for sleep. Sleep hygiene is alsoimportant (lights off, no TV or electronics in bed to distract you).
Last updated Nov 22, 2018