The Netherlands
A 30-year-old female asked about a female:

Hi, doc have doubted lactose intolerance my 9m old baby, started soy base milk but since then her poo has bcome green & she has got v bad diaper rash.

Dr. Oscar Novick
Soy based milk: The child' stools may be green because of the iron added to the formula. Diaper rash may be caused by loose stools caused by the soy based milk
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Deborah Ungerleider
See below: The color of the stool is related to how quickly food and fluids move through the intestine and how much is reabsorbed, as well as how much bile is in the stool. The diaper rash may be temporary with the change in formula and stool consistency, but if it's lasting, you should call her doctor to discuss.
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatric Allergy and Asthma 37 years experience
M.D. visit: If your daughter is growing and developing normally, on her current formula, the green color may not indicate an illness. If she is experiencing diarrhea, poor weight gain, her physician will order a further workup. The diaper rash may be secondary to a yeast infection or local irritation. I would recommend nystatin cream for a yeast infection, and keeping the diaper area clean and dry.
Last updated Nov 27, 2014