I over ate, 1 meal 1700cal fast food. i'm thinking bout self induced vomit just 1 time, cuz i've been wkn so hd b4 this mistake. is there other option?

5 doctors weighed in across 5 answers
Dr. Matt Wachsman answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

Dieting: is the only vice which you can totally undo later and make it as if it had never happened. weight control is an every day and forever undertaking. Totally irrelevant about one meal. Eat less, exercise more everyday 300 cal a day difference overcomes more than 1700 cal in a week.

Answered 9/28/2016

3.8k views

Dr. Michael Roman answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

Do not: Self induce vomiting. Use this as a lesson. One mistake will be easy to overcome. Focus on not repeating the mistake. Work harder now to make up for it. Stay focused we all make mistakes

Answered 8/7/2014

3.8k views

Dr. William Winget answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Vomiting=Bad!: My advice would be to remember how you feel right now and try not to overeat next time. Vomiting your food is never a good thing for your teeth and can open yourself up to an eating disorder. It is very important to eat healthy and make conscious smart decisions of what you put in your body. There is very little fiber in fast food so its hard to feel full. Drink water b4 and you will eat less.

Answered 8/7/2014

3.8k views

Dr. Justin Brown answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

Bulemia: Bad idea! Evidence shows this does not help for weight loss and will cause a number of other health problems, including tooth decay and erosion of esophagus. Better idea is to make meal last as long as possible, snacking on very low calorie foods for next 12 hours. Weight gain occurs over weeks, not one meal. Develop better eating habits and go for a walk to burn off some calories. Seek help.

Answered 9/8/2014

3.8k views

Dr. Rex Mahnensmith answered

Specializes in

Over eating: Since this is a one time event, I recommend you simply let it stay with you - take a long walk, burn calories, but don't induce vomiting. Not safe.

Answered 8/7/2014

3.8k views