A male asked:

Would you recommend malerone for malaria?

Dr. Faye Vargas Morris
Malarone (atovaquone and proguanil) and Malaria: Malarone (atovaquone and proguanil) can be used for uncomplicated malaria, which according to the CDC, is a classic attack that lasts 6-10 hours. Symptoms include a combination of: fever, chills, sweats, headaches , nausea, vomiting & body aches. Malarone (atovaquone and proguanil) is also recommended for prevention of malaria especially in areas where the disease is resistant to chloroquine. http://www.cdc.gov/malaria/travelers/index.html
Dr. Yash Khanna
Yes I will: Yes I will as it is one of the choice beside Mefloquin and Doxycycline.

Last updated Nov 19, 2017