U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
United Kingdom
A 31-year-old male asked:

When i put pressure on to my kneecap e.g (kneeling with the knee on the grounds) i get a sharp pain on the outside of my knee. what could this be?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Spine Surgery 41 years experience
This could be : referred pain from inflamed cartilage from under your kneecap to a bursitis and/or tendonitis about that region of your knee. If it persists or worsens see an orthopedic surgeon.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 28, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.