is it too early to take a pregnancy test if my period is supposed to come on the 12 of this month?

Dr. Rex Mahnensmith
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
Pregnancy: yes, you can have a false negative.

Marion, AR

If my period came 2 weeks early and i'm always regular, should I wait until the week it was supposed to start to take a pregnancy test?

Wait: A urine pregnancy test gives a reliable result if done correctly and read correctly, the week after a missed period, or 3 weeks after sex (conception).
United Kingdom (Great Britain)

Due my period on 14th may, how early can I take a pregnancy test?

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice 28 years experience
Pregnancy testing: May 15th. The morning after the first day of a missed period.
Pensacola, FL

Hi, I have one question i GT my period really early last month but it missed it this month my pregnancy test reads negative could it be just irregular?

Dr. Stuart Winkler
Nephrology and Dialysis 48 years experience
Pregnancy: A home urinary test is accurate. It may not be positive until one week after your missed period. If you have any doubt and the test remains negative get a blood pregnancy test. It sounds like you didn't ovulate. This will result in an irregular period. I do not think you are pregnant. You may find that you may have a late heavy period. This is not usually serious. See your doctor.

I got my period 3days early. They recommend to take a pregnancy test. But when should i take it once my period is over or during?

Pathology 49 years experience
No need to: Unless you have multiple symptoms of pregnancy, there is no need to do a pregnancy test. The fact that you had a period argues against pregnancy. You may consult this site for signs/symptoms of pregnancy. http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/getting-pregnant/in-depth/symptoms-of-pregnancy/art-20043853
Farmville, VA

My period was March 25 can a doctor give a pregnancy test now or is it to early?

If missed period: If one's regular period is several days late, one can buy urine pregnancy tests at a store (no doctor needed to get a test). The home tests are very accurate. A pregnancy test gives a reliable result 3 weeks after sex (3 weeks after when conception might have occurred), or 1 week after missing a period. If a woman gets her normal regular period, then she is not pregnant, and a test is not needed.

Last updated Aug 4, 2014