Scranton, PA

Fell down my stairs month ago.fell on right side of butt/lower back.pain is to the right of my tailbone above my butt.damaged my kidney? hurts to walk

Dr. Vikram Patel
Pain Management 38 years experience
Sacroiliac joint: Falling and landing on buttocks creates damaging impact on the sacroiliac joint (joint between the tail bone and the hip bone). Pain would be sometimes localized to the area and sometimes radiates to the back of the thigh. It would hurt to stand, sit and especially getting out of a chair from sitting position. A properly performed steroid injection with x-ray guidance combined with physicatherapy
Dr. David Masiello
Hematology and Oncology 19 years experience
No: It is no likely that this represents damage to a kidney. The more probable explination is a fracture to the tailbone or pelvic bones. You should see your physician to get some plain xrays of the area.

Last updated Jan 21, 2021