Saratoga, CA

How often can i take ativan (lorazepam)? i was prescribed ativan (lorazepam) in june and have taken maybe 5-6 pills total spread throughout the last 2-3 months at .5mg per.

Dr. Michael Lee
Anxiety: generally Ativan (lorazepam) should not be taken more that 3-4 times per day. You should always talk to your doctor if you are feeling more anxious or need to take more of the medication.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Natalie Sieb
It depends: Honestly,I don't feel comfortable giving you an answer that your prescribing physician may not agree with or feel comfortable with you increasing your dosing to.You really should probably talk to him/her as it is their license on the line and they know and understand your whole background much better than I or my fellow colleagues do.They may help decide you need to increase the frequency of dose
Last updated Jun 23, 2019