U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Prescott, AR
A 52-year-old male asked:

I have a calcium buildup in my elbow according to orthopedic specialist. is there a way to get this removed without major surgery?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Carol Van der Harst
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 37 years experience
Unlikely: The next question you should ask your Surgeon is Why did this happen, and what changes can you make in your activities to avoid recurrence in the future. Chose surgery with your eyes wide open. If you are limited by the elbow, it can affect Shoulder, Nerve, Wrist and Hand. A Physical Medicine physician can assist with non-surgical options for the big picture.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 13, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.