Fremont, CA

my test result: bilirubin total: 3.2 mg/dl bilirubin direct:0.5mg/dl sgot: 18 iu/l sgpt: 18 iu/l alk php: 168 iu/l any need to visit a doctor?

Dr. Tiffanie Noonan
Symptoms?: I would suggest that the symptoms that led you to have the blood work done in the first place would be the reason why you would want to visit a doctor. Lab results are difficult to interpret without any other history or context. Your bili level is mildly elevated, but that doesn't tell me anything without history and the cause could be perfectly benign. See your doctor.
Dr. Joseph Woods
Pathology 28 years experience
You might want to,,,: Your bilirubin is high, especially the indirect fraction. The alkaline phosphatase is also high but not very. You might need more tests to find out the cause but it appears you've got some process increasing the liver activity and possibly hemolysing (breaking up) your red cells. It'd be best to see your doctor for more tests on your liver and blood cells and an exam to find the cause.
Dr. Rebecca Gliksman
Lab results: Your indirect bilirubin is elevated. You should be seen by a doctor. It could be due to medications, underlying diseases like sickle cell or Gilbert's disease, cirrhosis, chronic hepatitis.