United Kingdom

When i lay down, my left fallopian tube swells an i can actually see it rising, then will go back down, had an altar sound an it was normal ?

Dr. Olga Sarkodie
32 years experience
Not a Fallopian tube: Most likely it was a loop of bowel, and it is normal.
Dr. David Howard
42 years experience
Not your tube: It is extremely unlikely that your fallopian tube would behave in that manner. Intestines on the other hand might give that appearance. Hernias can do this especially as your abdominal pressure increases as you lie down or sit up. An abdominal muscle cramp might do this also. I'd suggest you reenact this in front of your doctor so that they can visualize it.

Last updated Mar 26, 2017