U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 60-year-old female asked:

borderline ecg, these minor changes are of equivocal significance only. sinus rhythm t wave changes in anterior leads.

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ann Agnew
Specializes in Internal Medicine
Borderline ECG: I am not certain of the circumstances leading to your having an ECG. T wave changes in anterior leads could be a sign of underlying atherosclerotic heart disease. Risk factors for this include high Blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, smoking and 1st degree female relative with heart attack before 60 or 1st degree male relative with heart attack before 50. You need to see a physician
Dr. Ann Agnew
Dr. Ann Agnew commented
Specializes in Internal Medicine
Provided original answer
The decision about your need for a stress test should be based on a more through history including family history and risk factor assessment. Women notoriously have false positive stress tests if they are not done with nuclear imaging so you need a relatively high pretest probability of risk before proceeding so you don't incur additional cost and risk. Best wishes
Jul 30, 2014

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
membership

Similar questions

A 45-year-old member asked:

Is it common for sinus congestion to cause a decrease in appetite?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Bernstein Joel
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 60 years experience
First, diagnosis: Sinus congestion is not as easy to diagnose by the patient as one might think. You may really have nasal congestion. And most causes of nasal congestion are viral infections. Therefore, it is very likely that the overall symptoms of a viral infection may lead to a decrease in appetite. The course of these infections is 7-10 days. If longer, consult you physician.
A 34-year-old member asked:

Is it normal for EKG and stress tests to be normal after stent & 2 angioplasties were done?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Vardhan Reddy
Vascular Surgery 36 years experience
Yes/no : 85% chance of being abnormal. And it can be normal in 15%of pts.
A 45-year-old member asked:

How does a man's sex life change with aging?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology 52 years experience
Lowered function: While sexual potential can carry through into quite older age, the erectile capacity and ejacualate volume decrease with age. Some lose desire which is entirely psychological. Note the many products on the market for this and the destruction of endangered animals for this (rhino horns, bear gall bladder stones, etc.).
A 31-year-old member asked:

Can anybody tell me how well the rhythm method works as a birth control?

1 doctor answer6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Timothy Brown
Obstetrics and Gynecology 44 years experience
Not very reliable: Using the rhythm method effectively depends upon absolutely regular and predictable cycles (not common) and considerable self-discipline. Since your sexual desire or libido increases when you are most fertile and this is exactly the time you have to avoid with the rhythm method, it tends not to work out well.
A 35-year-old member asked:

How common is change in size of breasts for a woman?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Christiaan Maurer
Dr. Christiaan Maureranswered
Internal Medicine 23 years experience
Very: All women have breast changes with weight gain, age, breast feeding, periods and weight loss.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
membership
Last updated May 7, 2015

People also asked

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$30 per visit with
membership

Disclaimer:

Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.