What vitamins should i take to gain weight ?

8 doctors weighed in across 6 answers
Dr. Heidi Fowler answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

Vitamins do not: cause weight gain.

Answered 9/28/2016

3.8k views

Dr. John Chiu answered

Specializes in Allergy and Immunology

None: No such vitamins. Make sure you don't have a disease which causes the weight issue. On the other hand, more carb and fat tend to increase weight but just don't overdo it.

Answered 7/28/2014

3.8k views

Dr. Stephen Southard answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

Focus on food: Don't get carried away by supplementation. You should be able to obtain basically all of the necessary nutrients from a healthy diet. Focus on eating a diet consistent in of a diverse pallette of colors, limited processed foods, lean protein, and healthy fats. Unless you are very restrictive about what you eat you should do well.

Answered 8/5/2014

3.8k views

Dr. Joshua Hornstein answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

There is no vitamin: Hi AnnS, Vitamins and minerals are needed for your body to function properly, but they are not directly associated with weight changes. In order to better help answer your question, I would want to know what your motivation is for weight gain? For example: Have you been recently losing weight? Have you tried to gain or lose weight in the past? What is your goal for weight gain?

Answered 2/27/2016

3.8k views

Dr. Keegan Duchicela answered

Specializes in family medicine

Weight gain: Make sure you're getting enough calcium and vitamin d, dietary protein, healthy fats. If you're otherwise healthy and want to put on muscle mass, make sure your intake of protein is sufficient and you're doing strength training. There are prescription medications we sometimes use to stimulate the appetite and help with weight gain.

Answered 7/28/2013

5.1k views

Dr. Corinne Kauderer answered

Specializes in Wound care

Weight gain: To gain weight you must consume more than you burn at the gym. Also take multivitamins with b complex and protein shakes.

Answered 9/24/2016

5.1k views