is it possible that long qt syndrome can be the cause for sudden infant death syndrome?

Dr. Holly Maes
Possibly QT: Sids is really just a term that means we really don't know what happened to your baby. It is indeed plausible that long qtc could be a cause, but it is certainly not the only one, because infants who have had ekg's for other reasons have gone on to die with "sids". Heart arrythmias are likely just one subset of things that may cause someone of any age to die suddenly. Be aware of family history.
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Preventive Medicine 73 years experience
YES: This is an ekg diagnosis and it means that there is an imbalance in the sympathetic (autonomic/automatic) innervation of the heart from the left stellate ganglion (the machnery that delivers control messages to the heart).. This important info was published years ago. It may respond to vitamin therapy and a more appropriate diet. See a nutritionist doctor.
Definitions matter: The full definition of the syndrome is sudden & unexplained infant death. If they were known to have prolonged QT it would not fit the definition. Four decades ago some cases of sepsis and metabolic disease were mislabeled SIDS . It could represent some.Many such ideas have been proposed aand looked at yet research is hampered by the unpredictable nature of the event.