Fremont, CA

Slept in a wrong position and now having neck pain and stiffness for the past 3 days. how long will it take to resolve and should i use a heating pad?

Dr. Susan Arnoult
Heating pad: This is a common condition and a heating pad helps. I would also recommend a chiropractor or massage therapist in addition to ibuprofen.
Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
Dr. Jan Lei Iwata commented
Ophthalmology 27 years experience
I would use a far infrared pad that's adjustable heating to go in deeper to release lactic acid buildup, and can go 2 to 4cm for a short time, and is sooo relaxing! Also, get a 2nd opinion from an osteopathic physician, who can realign gently, assess your musculoskeletal system, and treat you. You may not even need meds after your neck is decompressed, and 'fixed!'
Jul 26, 2014

Last updated Jul 26, 2014