What are some side effects when you stop taking your methimazole medication for thyroid problems?

Dr. Quang Nguyen
Specializes in Endocrinology
Return of symptoms: If you stop methimazole, you might have return of the original symptoms prior to starting methimazole, that is, hyperthyroid symptoms such as: feeling nervous, fast heartbeat, weight loss, feeling hot, trouble sleeping, feeling anxious, sweating heavily, muscle weakness, increased appetite, frequent bowel movement...
Answered on Jan 3, 2013

Have health concerns or questions and need access to a doctor? HealthTap has you covered.