San Antonio, TX

i am 37 weeks pregnant and drank an 8 oz glass of hibiscus tea. it's the first tea i've drank since pregnancy started. should i go to er?

Dr. Eva Pickler
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Tea and pregnancy: Drinking hibiscus tea during pregnancy is not harmful and is not a reason to present to the ER.
Dr. Tamara Lyday
Problems?: Are you having any side effects from drinking the tea? You can certainly go to the ER to be checked out (they will send you to L&D) but you did not mention any problems. Just drinking tea is not a cause for a hospital trip.
Dr. Susan Arnoult
I think it's ok: The only warning I can find is to avoid the tea in the first trimester. Shouldn't cause ant problem at this point in your pregnancy.