A 1-year-old male asked:
Disclaimer

i'm not sure but i think my son may have swallowed carmex, but i rinsed his mouth afterwards and he hasn't showed any signs of it affecting he active?

1 doctor answer
Dr. Gloria Lopez
44 years experience Pediatrics
Non toxic: Carmex chap stick is not toxic but it does contain salicylic acid (aspirin) that may cause some mucosal irritation. Give him some milk to neutralize the acid, and he should be OK.
Answered on Jul 24, 2014
1
1 thank

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits
$15 per month

Related questions:

A 31-year-old male asked:
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
57 years experience Dermatology
No: The man who invented vaseline swallowed a tablespoon full of it every day for most of his life. Just to prove that it is safe. He lived into his 90's.
2
2 thanks
A member asked:
Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Al Hegab answered
40 years experience Allergy and Immunology
What is the question: If your son has peanut allergy, you already washed whatever he was exposed to, if he didn't have symptoms, fine, I doubt he would, at any rate a dose ... Read More
1
1 thank

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits
$15 per month