will quaker oats make me fat? plz help me, i need to gain weight. thanks

2 doctor answers
Dr. Susan Arnoult
Yes and No: Quaker oats will not make you fat unless you add butter, sugar or other "unhealthy" things to it. The best way to gain weight is to increase muscle mass and eat a healthy but higher calorie diet.
Answered on Jul 23, 2014
1
Dr. Liesa Harte
No: You should work with a nutritionist, registered dietician, or a functional medicine or integrative medicine doctor to address any root causes of any weight issues that might exist and to make a healthy plan to change your weight if indicated.
Answered on Jul 26, 2014