La Harpe, IL

My daughter as a sore on side of foot it's spreading scabby and seeping clear fluids now she has one starting on other foot?

Dr. Holly Maes
? Impetigo: What you describe sounds suspicious for impetigo, a strep infection of your skin. You can have a tiny break in your skin that you were not even aware of, and the normal skin bacteria could then enter in and cause a local strep infection. The "scabbing" is what makes me especially suspicious. Since spreading to other foot already, time to see doctor as she may need oral antibiotics to cure this.
Dr. Shalini Sethi
Check with your Doc: Sores seeping clear fluid can be painful , may be a shoe bite. Have a doctor take a look . Needs to cover the sore with ointment and bandage, and wearing a comfortable footwear which does not rub , will help too.

Last updated Oct 4, 2016