Caledonia, MS
A 47-year-old female asked about a 17-year-old female:

everyday i feel short of breath no matter what i am doing. yes i have asthma and sleep apnea but i don't like sleeping on my sleep apnea machine?

Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Neurology 33 years experience
Nike Commercial Wisp: When things are EASY to do often times their value is minimal. When things are HARD to do then, almost always results have IMPORTANT VALUE. Do you take your medication and follow directions of your doctor for your asthma? Does "don't like sleeping..." mean that you DON'T use your machine as you should? Then, you will feel tired and be breathless. And nobody will be able to fix it. "Just Do It."
Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Neurology 33 years experience
Provided original answer
And guess what? You're not alone. I know very few people who are not at least bothered a little by the machine. Most people really can't stand sleeping with it....but trust me....you're not going to suffocate, your nose will not get stuck up in the air permanently. I can't guarantee your little rugrat brother won't snap a pic & put in on FB but then, you can just crush his Gameboy! Just Do It!
Jul 22, 2014

Last updated Jul 22, 2014