A member asked:

What are the conditions to see an ankle/foot orthopedist or a podiatrist. are there treatment options the orthopedist is not aware of?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Steven Watry answered

Specializes in General Practice

Complex anatomy: The ankles and feet are complex structures. Some orthopedic surgeons will treat fractures of the area, but most refer to podiatry, as they are specially trained in this area for all disorders..

Answered 2/17/2017



Related Questions

A member asked:

Foot and ankle orthopedic vs podiatrist, which should I go to?

7 doctors weighed in across 4 answers

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question