IL

I have swollen knee and baker's cyst. did mri and everything is ok. had it drained, took anti inflammatory mednothing helps. now my ankle is swollen!

Dr. Lynn Pittman
Improve function: It sounds like lymphatic and/or venous drainage may be impaired to that leg. I would seek the advice of two specialties; namely a highly recommended orthopedist to possibly repeat the MRI, not just of the knee, but possibly the lumbar spine, and another highly recommended chiropractor or osteopath that does manipulation, to assist with improving circulation to the affected limb.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Rheumatology 54 years experience
See details: Your Baker's cyst may have ruptured if there is swelling in the calf and shin as well as the ankle. Have an orthopedist look at it.
Last updated Nov 26, 2014