Santa Rosa Beach, FL

i read that wbc is lower in the morning. is this true?

Dr. Nadine Yamusah
Specializes in Internal Medicine
Yes. There was: a study published I believe in 1994 showing the concentration of peripheral cells during a woman's 28 day menstrual cycle. It revealved that the WBC are lowest at around 0600 and and reached its peak at 5 pm.
Dr. Jason Sample
General Surgery 24 years experience
Great question. Yes!: We have been interested in leukocyte count variation for a century or so. Leukocyte counts in humans are known to vary as much as 100% during the day. That is to say, a healthy man with a WBC count of 4000 at one point in the day may have a WBC count twice that later in the day. The WBC count usually nadirs in the early morning (0000-0200) and again in late morning (0900-1100).