I have pain on the mid area side of my foot when i squeeze it and sometimes it hurts to talk on it. could u tell what you think it wrong with my foot.

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Jennifer Monti answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

Plantar fasciitis: this sounds like classic symptoms of plantar fasciitis. this often occurs in runners and people who are on the feet for long hours at a time. there are stretching exercises that can help. anti-inflammatory meds like alive can be very helpful. some people advocate injections for inflammation of the fascia of the foot, but there is not great evidence for that and there are risks associated.

Answered 6/19/2017

3.9k views

Dr. James Dukelow answered

Specializes in Podiatry

Strain on the area: I'm imagining that you are talking about the little toe side of the foot. The area you are referencing to is the metatarsal shaft. It is quite possible that you are baring excessive weight on this area. Consider what shoes you are wearing. Examine the wear patterns in your shoes. This may hold your answer. If there is swelling or continued symptoms, you may want to consider an X-Ray.

Answered 6/19/2017

3.9k views