U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 51-year-old female asked:

How do. i get help for back pain that has been going on for 23years.? i have had abrasions and steroid shots. none seem to help.

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Susan Arnoult
Family Medicine 25 years experience
23 years?: That is a very long time to suffer from back pain. Unfortunately, there is probably no single good answer. You will most likely deal with some level of pain forever but there are things to try to be more functional. If you are overweight, do everything possible to lose weight. Try chiropractic, accupuncture and yoga / pilates. Go slow, don't quit! www.myfitnesspal.com Good luck!

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Feb 12, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.