U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 16-year-old male asked:

How to reduce breast size? i'm a boy of 16+. i am working on my body fitness. fat of belly is reducing but fat of breast is not. plz advice effective.

3 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
Internal Medicine 28 years experience
Normal at puberty: Keep working up your upper body, pectorals. Muscles will eventually displace the fat tissue.
Dr. Liesa Harte
Family Medicine 30 years experience
Gynecomastia?: I think it would be worthwhile to be examined by a doctor to determine if you have male breast development (gynecomastia) or just fat. It could also be normal and your perception is that you have a problem. I wish you the best.
Dr. Sunnie Skiles
Pediatrics 35 years experience
Normal development: It is normal for boys to develop gynecomastia during puberty. It will go away on its own over a couple of years. If it seems larger than normal take him to his pediatrician. The enlarged breast are not fat but enlargement of breast tissue.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jul 14, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.