I've had a bumpy non-itchy circular rash on the upper inner part of both my arms for a year now, any idea what it could be?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. John Munshower answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Rashes: rashes really can not be diagnosed over the computer and need to be examined in person to get the best diagnosis for the best treatment. A guess, even though it is not itchy, would be a fungal infection (Tinea Corporis).

Answered 7/12/2014

3.9k views

Dr. Steven Watry answered

Specializes in General Practice

Questions: A picture would help, as would a history of what you've tried. This could be a number of rashes, although Keratosis pilaris would be high on the list. This, as well as auto-immune type rashes sometimes respond to topical steroids. If it is fungal (tinea) - rx combo of steroid and anti fungal (lotrison). A bacterial folliculitis usu require oral antibiotics - the topical abx dont get to source

Answered 7/12/2014

3.9k views