IN

about 3 months ago i had my gallbladder removed and now for a week my feces has been green, and its been diarrhea. is this a problem? or is it normal?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Diarrhea: A viral intestinal infection is most likely and should resolve after a week or so. Avoid harsh roughage and try kaopectate (kaolin and pectin) as needed. Without a gall bladder you can still get bile secreted by the liver. If diarrhea persists much longer a stool culture for pathogens should be ordered by your physician
Dr. Stanley Ling
Specializes in Internal Medicine
Fairly normal: When the gallbladder is removed, the bile has no place to go and leaks into the colon constantly. Bile is irritating to the bowel and thus you may have loose and dis colored stool. You can have your physician try a bile binding type medication.