Tanzania, United Republic of
A male asked:

normal fundal height soon after delivery?

Dr. Marsha Davis
Takes a while: Massaging it helps it to go down

How do I decide who should come in the delivery room with me?

Dr. Megan Bird
Who supports best: You should have the people who can support you best during labor and delivery. This is a time where you can't be worried about them. If that means just one person is in the room, that will be best. You should also ask your doctor how many people they are comfortable with and how many will realistically fit in the room.

What are hospital delivery rooms like?

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Depends on hospital : That depends on the hospital. Most have moved to private rooms that create a more homelike feel. Your local hospital website may have pics available for you to see.

Is it a good idea to bank some of my own blood before delivery?

Dr. Pam Yoder
Specializes in Maternal-Fetal Medicine
No: This mom-to-be banked blood of close friends who were o neg (for baby at birth) and family members for herself. But that was due to high risk of recurrent bleeding. Physicians reassured that the blood was "no safer" than blood bank blood, but to a first-time midlife mom with history of fertility and high chance of having only one [premature] child, it was more reassuring. Each case differs. Pam y.

Will I need to have an episiotomy with an assisted delivery?

Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Not necessarily: It depends on the size of the baby and the reasons for doing the assisted delivery. Sometimes you don't need an episiotomy, sometimes you do. Often that decision is made at the time of the assisted delivery.

How can I increase my height during a growth spurt?

Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Stay Healthy!: The best one can do is make sure to be eating healthy, get quality sleep and exercise. The rest is genetics, provided a chronic illness or the like doesn't interfere, which would be very unusual.