U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 17-year-old female asked:

If i hurt my rotators cuff will i ever be able to play volleyball or tennis again?

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Donald Alves
Emergency Medicine 25 years experience
If treat & heals, Y: That is the objective of Orthopedic surgery and Physical Therapy--return to full function. Most injuries can be rehabbed back to work/play. See an Orthopedist for exam and course of action.
Dr. William Coutts ii
Family Medicine 27 years experience
Shoulder evaluation: Your should see an orthopedic surgeon and let him/her evaluate your shoulder. He/She may recommend physical therapy or surgery depending on their evaluation. Whether you will be able to play volleyball or tennis again will depend on how you respond to your treatment. Only reevaluation after your treatment will determine whether you can resume your previous activities or not.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jul 9, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.