U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A female asked:

feeling catching, popping, burning, clicking, and numbness in my right hip for almost 3 years. varicose veins have appeared. what is wrong?

4 doctor answers25 doctors weighed in
Dr. Gurmander Kohli
Facial Plastic Surgery 48 years experience
See your PCP: See your Primary Care physician for a thorough examination. You may need some tests to further elucidate the cause.
Dr. Danny Farmer
Internal Medicine 38 years experience
Arthritis: Most likely you have irritated and inflamed your hip joint. Since it has persisted for so many years, would recommend you have a thorough evaluation including X-rays and blood tests for inflammatory markers of other diseases!
Dr. John Landi
Phlebology 47 years experience
Hip and V V's: Your hip symptoms are probably not related to your varicose veins. See an orthopedic doctor for your hip and a vein specialist for your veins.
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 49 years experience
Agree with Dr. K: It would be prudent to see a primary care physician for an assessment and to ascertain which specialist may need to be consulted.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with

Similar questions

A 20-year-old member asked:

Anybody had hip bursitis? Were you able to return to running eventually?

1 doctor answer5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Frank Holmes
Sports Medicine 23 years experience
Most can return: The most common type of hip bursitis is trochanteric bursitis and occurs on the lateral (outside) side of the hip. Iliopsoas bursitis occurs on the anterior (front) side of the hip. Most do well with relative rest, rehab. Focused on strengthening and stretching and anti-inflammatories. Injections, especially those done under ultrasound gudiance, tend to be effective. A high % return to running!
A 21-year-old member asked:

I've noticed my neck veins have become engorged, is this a sign of pulmonary hypertension

3 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Mark Avdalovic
Pulmonary Critical Care 25 years experience
Not necessarily: A more common reason would be increase in abdominal pressure( think of weightlifters) or systemic htn. Symptoms of pulmonary HTN are shortness of breath, dizziness, vague chest pain and early in the disease a slowly decreasing exercise capacity.
A 21-year-old member asked:

Describe retinal vein occlusion?

3 doctor answers9 doctors weighed in
Dr. James Leaming
Specializes in Emergency Medicine
Eye vessel problem: Retinal vein occlusion is blockage of the blood vessels returning from the eye to the body. Common retinal vascular disorder. Clinically it presents with variable visual loss. Central retinal vein occlusion results in "100 day glaucoma".
A 33-year-old member asked:

Can hip pads help someone who falls a lot prevent hip fractures?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Frederick Buechel, jr. md
Orthopedic Surgery 26 years experience
Possibly: Nothing protects against fractures better than avoiding the falls in the first place but hip pads can be helpful for someone who chronically falls. Using a walker, removing throw rugs, lighting poorly lit areas, balance training, and muscle strengthening with weight bearing exercise and proper nutrition are all parts of the prevention program.
Houston, TX
A 18-year-old female asked:

If answer 87 yr old woman fell and broke her hip is she to old to have surgery?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Vance Harris
Family Medicine 37 years experience
Not necessarily : It depends on the health of your grandmother and the type of fracture that she sustained. Some can be repaired simply and others require a more invasive procedure. If the risk is great because she has poor health they may hold on surgery. If she is a healthy 87 yo then they would operate. My 105 yo grandmother had hers repaired at age 85. She was active till 105. Hope she is ok.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
Last updated Mar 10, 2019

People also asked

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$30 per visit with


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.