Minneapolis, MN

Random, infrequently, acute,& deep (like my bones are being crushed) pain that goes from my elbow to my hand. braces & otc meds fail. what can i do?

Dr. Salomon Kramer
Not an easy answer: In order to make a diagnosis of atypical problems a doc needs to take into account a lot of data and put the clinical picture together. This is what old-school "art of medicine" is. You mention CT scan (of what? and b/l mastectomy? for what? Breast CA? or prophylaxis? Many things factor into a diagnosis. I would recommend you see a competent family physician who can direct the investigation.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Ronald Herring
Anesthesiology 18 years experience
Arm pain: Your psych issues make this a very difficult diagnosis. If it has not been done, I would get an EMG of the arms (its good to compare affected versus nonaffected sides). If it shows a problem you will be able to convince docs to take you seriously.I would also think of an MRI of the affected arm looking for a nerve pathology in the elbow. Your dermatillomania might have caused a real pathology.
Last updated Nov 12, 2014