U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Minneapolis, MN
A 27-year-old male asked:

Random, infrequently, acute,& deep (like my bones are being crushed) pain that goes from my elbow to my hand. braces & otc meds fail. what can i do?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Salomon Kramer
A Verified Doctoranswered
A US doctor answeredLearn more
Not an easy answer: In order to make a diagnosis of atypical problems a doc needs to take into account a lot of data and put the clinical picture together. This is what old-school "art of medicine" is. You mention CT scan (of what? and b/l mastectomy? for what? Breast CA? or prophylaxis? Many things factor into a diagnosis. I would recommend you see a competent family physician who can direct the investigation.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Ronald Herring
Anesthesiology 18 years experience
Arm pain: Your psych issues make this a very difficult diagnosis. If it has not been done, I would get an EMG of the arms (its good to compare affected versus nonaffected sides). If it shows a problem you will be able to convince docs to take you seriously.I would also think of an MRI of the affected arm looking for a nerve pathology in the elbow. Your dermatillomania might have caused a real pathology.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 12, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.