Apopka, FL

why does the back of my throat feel itchy when my inner ear is itchy? i know they're connected but is this normal considering that i have ear infect.?

Dr. Ew Schnyder
Specializes in Family Medicine
Likely normal: Angel, the middle ear space and the throat are connected by the eustachian tube. If you have an ear infection of the middle ear space - called otitis media, then it is possible that you may have symptoms in the throat as well. I would be sure to have your throat and ear examined to determine if you have a condition that requires treatment.