Ireland

upper scope after getting nurofen stuck in throat. abrasions in throat and tiny ulcer found in stomach. biopsy of ulcer done. scared of stomach cancer. gerd but scope last april clr with pilori neg?

Dr. K. Mujib Haque
Stomach Cancer..why?: Sounds like you had ' Pill Esophigitis' and minor case of gastritis. There appears to be no reason for FEAR. what makes of scared of Stomach Cancer. Stomach Cancer is rare in the WEST. More common in Japan. Yes, do consider colonscopy screen for colon cancer after age 50.
Dr. Marsha Davis
Don't be scared: It sounds like the medicine is giving you the ulcers but you have great docs who are thorough. You are in good hands. Relax and trust them. Sometimes it takes a week to get biopsy results back. Your doc will help you. Call if you like and talk to your doc. Your doc knows you and your situation better than any doc here! Feel well soon!!