U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Dallas, TX
A 48-year-old female asked:

I have muscle weakness in my right leg below my knee to my ankle. i fall alot and no longer have the ability to walk a straight line.

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ronald Krauser
A Verified Doctoranswered
Rheumatology 53 years experience
See details: Then see a neurologist and have the issue evaluated. This can be a serious problem.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 29 years experience
Visit a neurologist: And have Emg/NCV studies performed. It almost sounds like you may have a dropfoot. I would recommend intense physical therapy and if still having an issue you can be fitted with an ankle foot orthotic which hopefully would prevent further falling.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jan 12, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.